What is involved?
- Exposure: Meet investors, fellow startup talent, and potential customers
- Press: LAUNCH winners and participants have been written about in Forbes, The Economist, Inc, Time, Wall Street Journal and the New York Times among others
- All competitors will receive upgraded All Access passes to Techweek Toronto 2016
- Champions will receive access to Founders House, our invite-only evening gathering of Techweek speakers, leaders, senior executives and esteemed founders and an opportunity to compete in the National Championship in Miami to win a $50k cash prize
- Champion will be featured in Techweekly Toronto our media platform
What do competitors do in LAUNCH?
- APPLY: Submit your application form below before the deadline date of 12 noon ET, Friday, July 15th, 2016. Note the application includes a video pitch this year – grab your iPhone record your pitch – don’t worry about quality, it’s about hearing from you and your business not fancy graphics!
- REVIEW: An internal and affiliated Techweek board of professional investors and technology reviewers will evaluate, grade and provide feedback on your company, business plan and elevator pitch, and select start-ups that will be invited to exhibit
- EXHIBIT: Competitors will be required to exhibit for 2 hours on July 27th. Come prepared to host a display booth for your company! Pitch to Techweek attendees, investors – and some incognito judges.
- FINALIST PITCH BATTLE: Launch finalists will be announced immediately after the exhibition on Wednesday evening, and the top 3 Launch competitors will proceed to a formal pitch in front of a live panel of judges. Finalist pitches should be 6 minutes followed by a 4 minute Q&A.
- VICTORY: The overall Techweek Toronto Launch Winner will be announced on Friday evening, receive their prizes and gain citywide recognition!
What kind of companies are eligible to compete?
- Tech: Incorporate technology in their business
- Age: be less than 3 years old
- Funding: Have less than $3M of funding
- Revenue: Have less than $15M of revenue
- Team: Have fewer than 15 full time employees
What criteria are are companies evaluated with?
- Target market
- Problem or need
- Team, board, advisors
- Market traction
- Competitive advantage
- Revenue model
- Strategy: Key expenses/ time efforts
- Overall presentation / Q&A
Our official Toronto 2016 LAUNCH submission form
We use the F6s platform for our application process, the same platform used by some of the most established incubators and pitch competitions in the country. Please follow the link below to apply. If this is your first time using F6s, you will need to BOTH create a company profile AND THEN submit additional questions for the Techweek LAUNCH competitions you wish to enter
There are 3 parts to the application:
- “Due diligence” market questions
- Creating and submitting your short pitch video
- Submitting your pitch presentation
There will be clear instructions in F6S for each of these stages of the submission.
The ones we hear over and over
Q: Can I bring a computer? Will there be an extension cord and access to a power outlet?
A: Yes! There will be one outlet per table – if you require more, bring a powerstrip.
Q: Will you be providing a table cloths for the table?
A: No – please bring your own.
Q: Can I get tickets for my team members?
A: Yes, each team member submitted in the form will receive a ticket, and up to 5 additional Festival Tickets.
Q: Can I bring my own materials?
A: Yes! We recommend you bring promotional materials, especially those that explain your company, product and/or service to the casual passer-by. Be aware, however, space is limited.
Q: What if I have other questions?
A: Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once semi-finalists have been selected, answers to submitted questions are typically shared with the entire semi-finalist group.