What is involved?
- Exposure: Meet investors, fellow startup talent, and potential customers
- Press: LAUNCH winners and participants have been written about in Forbes, The Economist, Inc, Time, Wall Street Journal and the New York Times among others
- All finalists will receive upgraded All Access passes to Techweek Detroit 2016 and Techweek Chicago 2016
- Champions will receive access to Founders House, our invite-only evening gathering of Techweek speakers, leaders, senior executives and esteemed founders
- Select sponsored prizes
- Champion will earn pre-qualification to the final round of the Chicago LAUNCH competition with additional opportunities to be recognized and win!
- Champion will be featured in Techweekly Detroit our media platform
What do competitors do in LAUNCH?
- APPLY: Submit your application form below before the deadline date of 12 noon ET, Thursday, April 28th, 2016. Note the application includes a video pitch this year – grab your iPhone record your pitch – don’t worry about quality, it’s about hearing from you and your business not fancy graphics!
- REVIEW: An internal and affiliated Techweek board of professional investors and technology reviewers will evaluate, grade and provide feedback on your company, business plan and elevator pitch and will select the semi-finalists
- EXHIBIT AND SELECT: Semi-finalists will be required to exhibit on Tuesday, May 3rd from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Techtown Detroit. Come prepared to host a display booth for you company, and prepare a Powerpoint presentation that you can deliver in 6 minutes. Pitch to Techweek attendees, investors – and perhaps even some incognito judges.
- FINALIST PITCH BATTLE: Launch finalists will be announced after the exhibition on Tuesday evening, and the top 3 Launch competitors will immediately proceed to do a formal pitch in front of a live panel of judges. Finalist pitches should be 6 minutes followed by a 4 minute Q&A
- VICTORY: The overall Techweek Detroit Launch Winner will be announced on Tuesday evening at Techtown, receive their prizes and gain citywide recognition!
What kind of companies are eligible to compete?
- Tech: Incorporate technology in their business
- Age: be less than 3 years old
- Funding: Have less than $3M of funding
- Revenue: Have less than $15M of revenue
- Team: Have fewer than 15 full time employees
What criteria are are companies evaluated with?
- Target market
- Problem or need
- Team, board, advisors
- Market traction
- Competitive advantage
- Revenue model
- Strategy: Key expenses/ time efforts
- Overall presentation / Q&A
Our official Detroit 2016 LAUNCH submission form
Fill in this application form completely. This form will not save partial entries, so prepare your answers offline, then complete this application in one setting. To help you, please make use of this downloadable copy of the questions here.
to our 2015 Detroit Launch Winners – SLOPE!
Slope wins LAUNCH Techweek Detroit 2015
The ones we hear over and over
Q: Can I bring a computer? Will there be an extension cord and access to a power outlet?
A: Yes! There will be one outlet per table – if you require more, bring a powerstrip.
Q: Will you be providing a table cloths for the table?
A: No – please bring your own.
Q: Can I get tickets fro my team members?
A: Yes, each team member submitted in the form will receive a ticket, and up to 5 additional Festival Tickets.
Q: Can I bring my own materials?
A: Yes! We recommend you bring promotional materials, especially those that explain your company, product and/or service to the casual passer-by. Be aware, however, space is limited.
Q: In what format can my presentation be?
A: Please ensure you submit a powerpoint file of your presentation. Semi-finalists will be sent a dropbox link to upload their presentation.
Q: What if I have other questions?
A: Send questions to email@example.com. Once semi-finalists have been selected, answers to submitted questions are typically shared with the entire semi-finalist group.