Our official Detroit 2016 LAUNCH submission form
LAUNCH is Techweek’s startup competition for pre-series A companies.
- Companies from around the world demo and pitch to judges, attendees and investors who evaluate their ideas and business models
- From among all entrants, a small number are chosen to reach the LAUNCH city finals
- One company is selected per city as the LAUNCH Regional Champion
- The champion is eligible to win potential investment and prizes as well as is entered into the National competition to be crowned the LAUNCH National Champion!
- Exposure: Meet investors, fellow startup talent, and potential customers
- Press: LAUNCH winners and participants have been written about in Forbes, The Economist, Inc, Time, Wall Street Journal and the New York Times among others
- All finalists will receive upgraded All Access passes to Techweek Detroit 2016 and Techweek Chicago 2016
- Champions will receive access to Founders House, our invite-only evening gathering of Techweek speakers, leaders, senior executives and esteemed founders
- Select sponsored prizes
- Champion will earn pre-qualification to the final round of the Chicago LAUNCH competition with additional opportunities to be recognized and win!
- Champion will be featured in Techweekly Detroit our media platform
What do competitors do in LAUNCH?
- APPLY: Submit your application form below before the deadline date of 12 noon ET, Thursday, April 28th, 2016. Note the application includes a video pitch this year – grab your iPhone record your pitch – don’t worry about quality, it’s about hearing from you and your business not fancy graphics!
- REVIEW: An internal and affiliated Techweek board of professional investors and technology reviewers will evaluate, grade and provide feedback on your company, business plan and elevator pitch and will select the semi-finalists
- EXHIBIT AND SELECT: Semi-finalists will be required to exhibit on Tuesday, May 3rd from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Techtown Detroit. Come prepared to host a display booth for you company, and prepare a Powerpoint presentation that you can deliver in 6 minutes. Pitch to Techweek attendees, investors – and perhaps even some incognito judges.
- FINALIST PITCH BATTLE: Launch finalists will be announced after the exhibition on Tuesday evening, and the top 3 Launch competitors will immediately proceed to do a formal pitch in front of a live panel of judges. Finalist pitches should be 6 minutes followed by a 4 minute Q&A
- VICTORY: The overall Techweek Detroit Launch Winner will be announced on Tuesday evening at Techtown, receive their prizes and gain citywide recognition!
Some of our favorite past Detroit speakers
Lauren Love and Tom Zimmerman
- Tim Nixon unveils exciting new product to launch in 2016
- Tim details advancements in tech to make your vehicle “smarter”
- Tim describes how 4G LTE equipped vehicles change your “digital life”
- Dan Gilbert describes his vision for Detroit as it continues to evolve.
- Dan tackles the roadblocks that stifle Detroit’s growth and praises young talent.
- Dan encourages all types of startups to make a home in Detroit.