The Techweek100 identifies leaders who have made a significant impact on the technology and innovation ecosystem in which they operate. The Techweek100 includes leaders of fast-growing tech companies, prominent investors, key enablers of the digital ecosystem, creators of new technologies, and other innovators that make important contributions to their field. The Techweek100 is not a ranking, but rather an annual list of 100 most distinguished technology organizations and their leaders selected by the Techweek community, Techweek Advisory Boards, and the Techweek team.
The methodology for the Techweek100 is the same across all host cities, and is consistent each year. To create each list, Techweek reviews five major factors in the nomination process.
- – Has played an instrumental role in the growth of an accelerating market-specific technology company.
- – Has led specific innovative technology initiatives for public or private corporations his or her ecosystem.
- – Has been an active supporter of growth in the community as an advisor or mentor.
- – Has created a net benefit for the public, such as: invented a coding language or led a civic initiative.
- – Has been an integral part of companies attaining the necessary capital for success and strategic growth.
Past Techweek100 members have displayed these characteristics:
- Originality: Their efforts pushed boundaries and disrupted traditional practices
- Prominence: Their authority is respected throughout their technology ecosystem and they are seen as a pillar of the community
- Growth: A company, under their tutelage, has accomplished great feats, including: new product launches, securing new rounds of funding, acquisitions, exits, or the momentous IPO
- Gumption: Courage and drive led them to navigate their company through the startup world and continue to push to achieve a major goal
- Pertinence: Their leadership has a public impact in the growth of their technological ecosystem
After reviewing nominations from the Techweek audience, community and Executive Advisory Board, our team filters through the thousands of submissions to produce the list of the top 100 organizations and leaders in each city. Each list is infused with a balance of new members to reflect the ever-evolving nature of innovation.
Members of the Techweek100 are invited to all Techweek events, and are among each conference’s most celebrated attendees.