Some of our favorite New York speakers
Jonah Peretti & Will Porteous
- Will Porteous describes the humorous way Buzzfeed hit his radar
- Jonah Peretti details Buzzfeed’s innovative “trend detector”
- John and Will discuss the importance of formatting content to be viral
- Al Roker offers and inside view on current productions from Al Roker Entertainment
- Al describes the exciting tech projects happening at Roker Labs
- Al comments on how social media is changing the way we consume other types of media
John Turek, Jet.com
- John Turek introduces the world to Jet.com, a smart way to shop online
- John recants the pressure of revamping Jet’s front-end three days before launch
- John details Jet’s impressive scaling strategy
Women Tech Entrepreneurs
- The panel tackles inherent and acquired diversity, and its impact on the working world
- Women leaders in tech describe the benefits of brainstorming with a diverse group of colleagues
- The panel highlights the current shift in hiring mentality
Click here for full list of last year’s speakers
Techweek exists to spread wealth creation to diverse places and people by supporting the emergence of local Hero Companies. Techweek believes creating sustainable tech entrepreneurial ecosystems is a uniquely accessible and equitable form of economic development and wealth creation.
Techweek’s Hero Company theory of Economic Development says that that Hero Companies are incubators of talent and ideas, and spin-offs, and this process generates healthy tech ecosystems.
A mission with impact: Our goal is to engage 100 cities, and within 10 years develop a $1 billion dollar company in each.